Wicker King (jtoomey) wrote,
Wicker King

  • Music:

A Little Ocean Wave Wave

I love the fact that I can know somebody online without ever having met that person... er... in person.  This leads to all sorts of invalid imagery, I'm sure, but it also helps us to idealize people, to only see their bright spots.  For better or worse, we meet their brighter halves, and miss the bits they'd prefer to miss themselves.

One of the great things about affirmation is that it can help us to realize that we're more than we know, intellectually.  That's one of the key reasons I altered the affirmation meme before beginning it; nobody should ever have to ask for it.  In fact, the people who most need to be reminded that they're loved are often the folks least likely to ask.  Valentine's Day should be year round, not on a single, overdone day.

With that caveat in mind, allow me to conclude the opt-out period highlighted in my previous post with a heartfelt endorsement of creentmerveille, or, as I like to refer to her, seasquiggle.

I love the fact that she centers herself around her kid without sacrificing her own identity.
I love how she doesn't brood over injury, but gets back to living.
I love that she's willing to accept that people are flawed, but is unwilling to allow flawed people to make her miserable.
I love that 99% of her posts make me smile, and that the other 1% are still from the heart.
I love not having any idea what she looks like, and, what's more, not really caring.

I love the seasquiggle I've gotten to know on LJ, and my life is richer for her presence.

  • Never Forget

    January 31st, 2007

  • "The Seeker"?

    Hmmm. Be very, very afraid. (And I thought I was frightened before.) Was Over Sea, Under Stone deemed too dull for a crowd of 2007 children?

  • See Also

    Clicky to comic source. (I'd also find someone who could do a better job with the text.)

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.