- Mix Tape Meme
Note: To keep up with modern technology, include playlists or CDs you've put together as part of this process. :D Be sure to note song title and artist where appropriate.
- By estimate, how many mix tapes have you made for yourself?
- By estimate, how many mix tapes have you made for friends?
- What are the top three absolute worst songs (read: years later, you think, "Why?") you've ever put on a mix tape?
- What are the top three silliest songs (in terms of content) you've ever put on a mix tape?
- What are the top three best songs you've ever put on a mix tape you made for others?
- What song appears routinely on mix tapes you've made for others?
- What song appears on a mix tape you've made that would surprise people who read your LJ?
- What artist appears on a mix tape you've made that would surprise people who read your LJ?
- What is the best song you were first introduced to on a mix tape made by someone else?
- What is the absolute worst song you were first introduced to on a mix tape made by someone else?
- Who is the best artist you were first introduced to on a mix tape made by someone else?
- Looking at your answer to the previous question, have you ever picked up other music by that artist?
- Zero. I only make them for other people. Making mix tapes for yourself can make you go blind. :>
- Thirty or forty. Thereabouts.
- This is tough, as I don't keep copies of mix tapes I make. Well, I do now, when I burn them on CD, as I just let the playlists hang around, but those haven't aged enough to be god-awful. Um, probably some melodramatic-over-the-top-high-school-em
- I remember including "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" (Weird Al) on one mix, "Theme to Flood" (They Might Be Giants) on another, and "Cadeever" (Jim's Big Ego) on a third. "Cadeever" consists of the following rhyme, sung sing-song: "Cadeever, cadaver, you know you wanna have her! She's dead! She's dead! She's dead!" Okay, maybe more freaky than silly, but, well, whatever.
- Tough, for the above reasons. I'll say: "In Liverpool" (Suzanne Vega), "Crowing" (Toad the Wet Sprocket), and "Fly" (Moxy Fruvous).
- "Thief" (Our Lady Peace)
- Nothing should surprise you people. :) I've said again and again that I listen to everything, after all. Maybe that "Cadeever" song, because why would I ever inflict that on somebody?
- See above. Firehouse, maybe? They're kinda cheezy, after all, and I rock out. I'm a rocker.
- "In Liverpool" (Suzanne Vega)
- My friends have great taste, and I will not belittle them thusly. Also: if anyone ever puts "MacArthur Park" on a mix for me, that will become the answer. Or "Lay Lady Lay."
- XTC -- and note that mcsassy is responsible for this answer and #9 as well. I'll take new mixes from her any day. :)
- Hells yes. I think I now own just about every disc they've done.